Replify Accelerator 4.1 has been released and is available to all in-support customers as a free upgrade, and as a trial download to everyone else. Version 4.1 includes a number of functional enhancements as well as a substantial performance boost.
1. A new index and block-store has significantly increased the performance of the XDR de-duplication engine which means support for faster links, more users and more connections on the same hardware.
2. The Accelerator Cache can now be encrypted for additional security. There is no signficant performance impact from doing this.
3. The SNMP MIB has been extended with additional objects and traps to provide enhanced monitoring via third party SNMP management systems.
4. The cache location is now configurable to allow users to choose the most performance storage device in their deployment.
5. The cache size limits have been removed and the UI for defining the cache size has been improved.
6. VA’s can now be upgraded via the REM and do not need internet access. Clients may be updated from the REM, VA or a neighbouring client rather than the Replify udpate server.
Numerous other small improvements and fixes are included. All customers are encouraged to upgraded at their earliest convenience. The detailed release notes are available on the support page and here.